The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping
Dropshipping is a business model that allows entrepreneurs to start an online business and sell products to their buyers without ever actually stocking the items themselves. Instead, when a dropshipping store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer.
At Shopify, what we really like about dropshipping is that it provides a lower-risk approach for independent businesses to test out new product ideas (and product lines) without having to own and pay for the product up front. It’s a business model that allows many more people to participate in entrepreneurship. If that sounds like you, check our guide on how to start a business to learn more.
Often, because entrepreneurs have to spend a significant sum of their money on inventory before they can start selling, these costs feel really restrictive. While we’re also building services like Shopify Capital to help businesses get the money they need when they need it, dropshipping remains a highly accessible way for enterprising founders to connect customers with products on-demand—without the need to stockpile inventory. It’s like retail’s version of cloud computing.
Still, the model continues to confuse many people. That’s why we wrote this comprehensive dropshipping guide. In it, we’ll cover how dropshipping websites actually work, where you can go to source reliable suppliers, how to pick products that are a perfect match for dropshipping, the sales and marketing advice everyone should consider when looking for customers, and how to make money online with dropshipping.
- What Is Dropshipping (How Does Drop Shipping Work?)
- How to Find a Lucrative Dropshipping Niche
- Dropshipping Fulfillment: Understanding The Supply Chain
- Finding the Right Dropshipping Suppliers and Wholesalers
- The Best Dropshipping Products to Sell for a Profit
- How to Start a Dropshipping Business in 2021
- The Dropshipper’s Guide to Sourcing from AliExpress
- Alibaba Dropshipping: How to Safely Source Products from Alibaba
- How Does Amazon Dropshipping Work? A No-Nonsense Guide
- 10 Dropshipping Tips All Beginners Should Know
- How to Make Dropshipping a Success
What is dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a retail model where the selling store doesn’t stock or own inventory. When a product is sold, the store purchases the item from a third party which is shipped directly to the customer. The seller rarely handles the product directly.
How to dropship on Shopify?
Choose a dropshipping business idea, find a product to sell with competitive research, find a dropshipping supplier, build your ecommerce store, register your business with the government, load your products onto the site, launch and start marketing your dropshipping store.
How to Sign Up on Shopify for Dropshipping 2022